Saturday 12 February 2011

One massive great fucking step for Becky.....

Let me start by saying that this is purely for friends. No-one else would likely understand or care what I write about. In fact I doubt even my friends will! aha!
It all started the other night, around the 31st January 2010, when me and Jacko were talking about being in control of our lives. This is typical of our conversations at University :) He infuriates me but when you want to discuss something he will always give you something to argue against. Anyway, after this conversation I just sort of sat there thinking about how I felt at that particular moment. I wasn't happy, in fact I was verging on a bit "mardy". I'd felt like this for a while at University, it was down to a few things I think. Mainly due to my lack of life experience and the things that just come up at Uni. People are difficult to deal with at the best of times, but when you have verbal diarrhea, like me, it's bloody impossible! I don't think it was as bad as I felt it was, but when you're away from home and people make it quite clear that they dislike you, it brings you down.
All of this is consequential but not important anymore. The outcome was me, deciding that I didn't see the point. Now for those that actually know me, you will know that when I make a decision I don't change my mind. When I want to do something or decide something is not for me, there is no point trying to change my mind. So I made a plan that night. I would drop out of University ASAP and go to America. I have wanted to go to to the US for years now, more than I have wnated to go to Uni. Don't get me wrong, I've had Uni in my plans since I was a kid. To me it was just the natural progression after School and college. It's never been anything else. But when I thought of it all those years ago, I definitely saw myself somewhere better than Luton!
So I have been planning America now for a good 2 years properly. I'm not just going to go and travel, no, I thought the best way to have an adventure would be to work in something that I love at the same time. This is where http://www.wildpacks.com/ comes in.
I can't tell you much more at the moment. Basically I have paid my deposit as proof of intent. This means that I've secured a place in USA and provided I pay the total I'm there :) They have been trying to find me a place in the camp that wanted me last year "Camp Echo", but I think Echo have enough drama counselors. Oh that's the other thing, I'm teaching drama while I'm out there. They will pay more board and food for the summer. Plus I get $1200 at the end of the summer which I can spend on travelling until my visa runs out.
I'm so excited but theres not a lot else I can tell you. I haven't got it in writing yet from a camp, but when I do, you'll be the first to know!
Anyways, keep reading my blog for all the latest updates and I promise I will blog at least once a week. I can't promise it will be interesting though!
Peace out x

No comments:

Post a Comment