Tuesday 15 February 2011

So I'm a Pagan...

Today has been a day for absorbing. I woke up late, I should have had an interview but that went down the spout. This is what happens when you let a conversation on Facebook go on. I should have gone to sleep but by the time we had finished talking, I had a stomach ache due to the late hour and just couldn't settle.
So when I did eventually get up, I felt like I had wasted the day away. I took to trying to sort my life out a little and did some washing. Then when the Padre came home, we went to do our various forms of exercise. I went to the baths and he went to the Gymnasium. It turned out that the pool was closed tonight due to private classes. I wasn't best pleased but thankfully the baths also have a library attached. So I spent some time pouring over a very interesting book regarding spirituality.
I have always been extremely interested in spirituality as I think it basically defines us. Just as I am intrigued by all things to do with sexuality, I love to know what makes me how I am, and the different theories on how our bodies interact with others and the world we live in. They basically go hand in hand together and often cross over. For example, my religion, if I am ever asked on a form, is Paganism. Paganism is a very broad term, however, and encompasses many religions that are native to the British Isles. It's basically a collective term for Wiccans, Druids, Shamans, Sacred Ecologists, Odinists and Heathens. We all have one thing in common and that is a respect and reverence for the earth and the spirit that compels it. Because it is all about the natural cycle of the earth and our bodies, nudity is obviously a contributing factor. Personally, I find it extremely interesting the way that we all have our own personal cycles that coincide with the moon, weather and the rest of the world. I don't just mean menstruation either,, the way our moods are affected by weather is intriguing, I also find that I feel a certain way towards someone at one point in the month. This is due to my hormone levels being at a particular point, totally unique to me!
I may have to do a post all on its own about this, I am getting way too excited and I want to talk about the rest of my day. So anyway, I did that but the silly woman (chav) in the library wouldn't let me take them out. She said that the librarian had left for the day and that she wasn't authorised. Well why advertise that the library is open until 7 30pm when the librarian leaves at 7pm?! Its just non-sensical.
So that was that. And now I have spent the rest of my evening cleaning the bathroom and watching crap on the TV. I did find this funny little video online. It's "The Black Hole" and it's done by Future Shorts. It's very odd and interesting but really draws you in.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment